When Hate Becomes Love

“High school is the best time of your life,” they said. I could not say that I disagree but I guess it is just not applicable for everyone. For me, it was such a colorful era. Nevertheless, the gray color is more dominant. 
In my country Indonesia, High School students are mandatory to wear a uniform which is in white and gray color. That’s why we called it ‘Masa Putih Abu-Abu’ which means ‘The Gray and White Era’ (such a representation of emotional lability that goes up and down so fast and uncontrollable like riding a roller coaster) that has painted many unforgettable memories. Remembering it will cause diverting reactions, sometimes laughing or even shedding tears by myself.
The high school epoch is also one of the most crucial stages in our lives (the Indonesian youth) because it can determine our future! It sounds exaggerated but, it is real - at least from my point of view. I still remember those times, at such a young age we had to make a big decision. We had to choose to enter the Science or Social Studies major. As an extrovert, deep in my heart, I desired to enter the social Studies major, because it seemed more exhilarating and prosperous. However, according to the results of the Psychology test and my parents' entreaty. I had to enter the Science Major.
When I first entered the Science major, I felt disheartened. Apart from being separated from BFF who choose the way of life as social students. There was a subject that intimidated almost all generations who enter the science department. It was called “Seni Rupa” or you might say it as a "Fine Arts" subject. There is a word “Art” in that subject, it gives the fun-loving but it was surprisingly more complex than remembering the periodic table. 
Miraculously, it has been more than three years since I was free from that subject. Here I am, heighten a strong interest in the lesson. Although this subject is no longer relevant to my current major in Communication, I am genuinely happy to spend my free time practicing and remembering the lessons. I also feel well pleased because I can challenge myself to do it! Oh, there is another plus point, it turns out that studying Fine Arts is also practical for sharpening patience and perseverance. LOL


One Point Perspective





Comments

Popular Posts